- History and visit the gardens of the Trocadero in Paris
- Shuttle Jardins du Trocadero in Paris airports
History and visit the gardens of the Trocadero in Paris
Les Jardins du Trocadero is located on the Avenue of New York, in the 16th arrondissement of Paris. Stretching over an area of 93,930 square meters, they are facing the Seine and bordered by the palace Chaillot.Ils were created for specialized exhibition of 1937. They occupy the site of the old Trocadero palace garden, designed by the engineer Jean-Charles Alphand, designed to host Expo 1878.
On the hill of Chaillot found himself once a great esplanade of the aquatic world. From 1651, the Convent of the Visitation are occupied part. It does more existed after the Revolution. French leaders were more interested in the site to carry out their project. Napoleon wanted to use the site to build an imperial city in honor of his son, the great sculptor Antoine Etex against wished to put in a monumental fountain with a lighthouse in the middle. As for Louis XVIII, he planned to erect a monument there called Villa Trocadero in remembrance of the Battle of Trocadero which occurred August 31, 1823 during which there was the capture of the fort of Cadiz by the Duke of Angoulême. Although none of these projects would not have been made, the site became known as the Trocadero.
Napoleon understood his time the French passion for gardens. The gardens could be an instrument of social reform after the ideas of English. Inspired by this idea, Napoleoon III wanted to make gardens of Paris as a symbol of social harmony. Collaboration with the prefect of the Seine, Baron Haussmann, he proceeded to build gardens nearby such as parks des Buttes-Chaumont, Montsouris, the Champ-de-Mars or the Bois de Vincennes. The Trocadero gardens were made for the Universal Exhibition of 1878. The civil engineer shoes, Jean-Charles Alphand, known for his work to beautify the city of Paris, took over the development works related thereto. His mission was to raise the magnificence of an oriental palace orchestrated by Davioud.
Specialist Parisian gardens, Alphand organized the Trocadero gardens in 1878 around a waterfall. Many statues adorned the gardens. In front of the palace of the Champ-de-Mars, built for the exhibition of 1878 and the Seine erected two statues, the horse to harrow Pierre Louis Rouillard and Bull Auguste Cain. In the gardens, the site of the old stone quarries was created a large freshwater aquarium during the exhibition.
The gardens of the Trocadero 1937 were symbolized by the fountain in Warsaw. The latter replaced the waterfall that are held at this location during the exhibition of 1867. The architect Roger-Henri Expert brightened gardens with a large pool, surrounded by a series of cascading pools. Its water cannons were made of 56 wreaths and ended with eight water stairs. The basins were overhung by a multitude of sculptures such as Man and Woman of Traverse Bacque. Walkways bordèrent slope basins, practices for sports wheels. The gardens were used to install the flags of French colonies and protectorates in the Universal Exhibition of 1900.
The gardens are now attracting tourists because they offer a panoramic view of the Eiffel Tower. They still retain their structure in 1937 with the famous fountain of Warsaw and the cascading pools. Lighting effects highlight the great waters of the evening, a magnificent spectacle.
Shuttle Jardins du Trocadero in Paris airports
Les Jardins du Trocadero is located 24.4 km from Orly Airport, 30.6 miles from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport to Jardins du Trocadero and 85.9 km from the airport of Beauvais.