History and visit the Army Museum in Paris
The Army Museum is located on the rue de Grenelle in the French capital. It is located in the Hotel des Invalides in the 7th arrondissement. This is a military museum opened in 1905. It preserves and presents a large number of weapons collections. It is served by several subway stations, the metro Invalides, Varenne metro and the metro Maubourg turn.
The Army Museum is the combination of the Historical Museum of the Army and the Artillery Museum. Both museums were already in the Hotel des Invalides. The creation of the Artillery museum was made during the revolution. It is located in the Hotel des Invalides in 1871. It contains two types of weapons collection, the collection of the Princes of Condé and the collection of furniture repository of the Crown. Later collections from the artillery of Vincennes, the Louvre, the Chateau de Pierrefonds, but donations and acquisitions are added to the museum’s collection. While the historical museum of the Army was created by the private company “The sabretache” in 1896. The beginning of the museum began with Edward Detaille project to present its own collections. He was the president of the museum. The museum also has the Historial Charles de Gaulle. It was designed by architects Henri Rivière and Alain Moatti instreuctions according to the Charles de Gaulle foundation as well as the museum. Several general, a historian and Duke have succeeded to the direction of the museum. General Christian Baptiste division directs the museum since 2011.
The Army Museum is located on the east and north around the courtyard of the Hotel des Invalides. Another part of the museum opens on the west side of the church of St. Louis. While the Historial Charles de Gaulle is a building underground and is below the value of the court. The museum is divided into several departments. The old armor and weapons department covers an area of 2500 square meters. It has the third largest collection in the world.
The modern department exposes arms used between Louis XIV and Napoleon III. There is also the department maintains two wars weapons dating from 1871 to 1945. The Historial Charles de Gaulle against this life and works of the latter. It is with multimedia audiovisual materials space. It covers an area of 2500 square meters. The museum has two locations including a research library and a library. The departments are divided by themes including the Department of Artillery, the Department of Music and the Department of paintings and sculptures. There is also a cabinet of prints, drawings and photographs.
The Army Museum is also responsible for the Dome Church. This church houses the crypt of Napoleon, the two brothers, his son, Marshal Ferdinand Foch and Marshal Lyautey. Arrangements have been made to the museum in the 1990s. They are made by the architect Christian Menu. Renewal works were carried out in the department of two world wars from 2003 to 2006, in the Weapons and Armor department in 2005, and in the modern department in 2010. Visit the army museum by private car with driver during your stay in the French capital.
Transfer to the Army Museum in Paris
The Army Museum is located at a distance of 18.6 km from Orly Airport, 33.4 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 87.6 km from the airport of Beauvais.