History and visit the Rue des Tournelles
Tournelles Street is a street located in Paris near the Place des Vosges in the 3rd and 4th arrondissement. Part of the Marais district, it starts at the Saint-Antoine Street and ends at the Boulevard Beaumarchais. The street is quite large with a size of 580 m in length and 10 to 15.5 m wide. Two metro stations on site: station Chemin Vert and Bastille station.
This highway is composed of two parts. Rue Saint-Antoine and Saint-Gilles merely the first part. It was called rue Jean Beausire in 1546. She changed her name years later under the name Tournelles street. The origin of this name comes from the Hotel des Tournelles therein erected at the time. Its lesser width was fixed at 10m following a ministerial decision of 3 Thermidor, Year IX and a royal decree of 8 June 1834.
Section connected by Saint-Gilles and the Boulevard Beaumarchais forms the second part. Inaugurated in 1637, it was called small rue Neuve-Saint-Gilles. Its width was arrested at 9m by a ministerial decision of 3 Thermidor, year IX. A royal decree of 8 June 1834, however, brought to 10 m. On 15 July 1839, a prefectural regulated the numbering of the alley and gave him the name Tournelles street.
Street Tournelles was in the seventeenth century one of the most popular routes in Paris. Many people lived there. Large institutions are not pitched as the hotel Ninon de l’Enclos, the hotel Jules Hardouin Mansart …
Transfer to the Rue des Tournelles in Paris
Street Tournelles is 24 km from Orly airport, 37 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport and 104 km from Beauvais Airport.