History and visit Saint-Ambroise district in Paris
The Saint-Ambroise district is located in the 11th arrondissement of Paris. It is located in the region of Ile de France. It is the 42nd administrative district of the French capital. It is surrounded Boulevard Menilmontant Boulevard Beaumarchais boulevard filles du Calvaire , the rue du Chemin-Vert, and rue Oberkampf.
The St. Ambroise district is so named because of the presence of the Church of St. Ambrose in his enclosure. The Church of St. Ambrose was built between 1863 and 1868. The architect Théodore Ballu drew the plans and directed the construction thereof. It is registered as a historic monument since 1978. It is built with a Éclectiste style. It is named in honor of Ambrose of Milan. The church was built on the place where placed the house built for John Popincourt during the reign of Charles VI.
The Saint Ambrose district has a large number of merchants, including stores like Boutoudit Mohamed, gardens Pere Lachaise or Franprix. This area also has a number of restaurants to multiple tastes like Leblon Restaurant, Pic & Chic, 3C and El Prado. It is served by the metro station Saint Ambrose is in the Boulevard Voltaire.
Transfer to the Saint Ambroise district in Paris
The Saint Ambroise is located at a distance of 22.6 km from Orly Airport, 26.6 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.7 km from the airport of Beauvais.