In in the 6th district of Paris, between the Boulevard Saint-Michel Henri Mondor in place and rue Dupuytren, is the Rue de l’Ecole de Medecine. At the end of the thirteenth century, this route was called the Rue des Cordeliers for the Franciscan monastery was there. Its church was built by St. Louis destroyed by fire in 1580 and rebuilt in 1585. This route became the rue Saint-Côme-et-Saint-Damien from 1304 because of the church. It is called Saint-Germain until 1672.
The convent was closed in 1790 and formed the Cordeliers. So many Montagnards lived around the club including Danton, Camille Desmoulins, Fabre d’Eglantine, etc.. These members of the Mountain were the leaders of the Jacobins and Cordeliers.
In this street also lived Marat, a French politician, physician and physicist born in Switzerland in 1743 and assassinated in 1793 in Paris. It was not until 1793 that took the path name of the Rue de l’Ecole de Medecine because of this building, for now at the University René Descartes. It was founded by the widow of Philip V 1331et built from 1769 to 1786 by architect Gondouin.
In front of this school is the Faculty of Medicine Broussssais-Hôtel-Dieu were grouped before the anatomy museum Dupuytren hospital medicine clinics, surgery and childbirth built in memory of Louis XV surgeon , Lamartiniere. On the same street is the dome of the ancient brotherhood of Surgeons was founded in the Middle Ages.
Transfer to the Rue de l’Ecole de Medecine in Paris
Rue de l’Ecole de Medecine is 19 km from Orly airport, 38 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport and 113 km from Beauvais Airport.