Taxi and Shuttle transfers to the Martyrs Memorial of the Deportation in Paris


History and visit the Memorial of the Martyrs of the Deportation in Paris
As its name suggests, the Martyrs Memorial of the Deportation is a memorial to all those who had been deported from France between 1941 and 1944. The memorial was made to remember the sufferings of the martyrs. Architecture helps visitors relive the moment all the pain that the deportees had been feeling at the time. On 23 November 2007, the Memorial of the Martyrs of the Deportation was officially entered in the classification of historical monuments of France.

He is currently in the city of Paris, in the 4th district. It is bounded on the east by the Ile de la Cité, to the west by the square of the Ile de France. The city of Paris received this memorial heritage February 29, 1964. It was granted by the famous French Network Remembrance. At that time, it was the architect Georges-Henri Pingusson who had been appointed to carry out the project. The inauguration took place in 1962, on April 12. This was the President of the Republic Charles de Gaulle himself, who had celebrated his inauguration.

At first glance, the memorial does not represent any particular architectural form, but its beauty lies within the monument itself. Stairs were placed in front of the entrance as stairs had not been carefully studied as the monument, because inequality is highly remarkable steps. As for the memorial, it is made entirely of concrete. The coating was hammered and various types of gravel representing parts of France were incorporated into walls. In an overview, the gravel does appear to be a single rock.

In the heart of the monument, we see a long corridor with its walls more than 200,000 glass rods. They represent all those who were deported during the Nazi regime. This corridor is especially protected by a grid in order to keep the glass rods. Inside the Memorial, there are also a treasure vault bearing the remains of some transferred from the body Natzweiler-Struthof April 10, 1962.

The outdoor courtyard is triangular, it has at its left and its right diverticula. We also discover pots containing earth from the various German concentration camps. Each year, millions of French people gather here. Access to the site is free and open every day of the week except for Monday. The place is also open to all tourists, not just the French.

It is in this monumental place that celebrated every year at the end of April the "National Day of Remembrance of deportation." This celebration was decided and implemented following a law governed April 14, 1954. The victim’s family and thousands of French come to celebrate this day every year on the same date. A kind of parade is made by the French army in memory of those dark times in the history of France. The Memorial of the Martyrs of the Deportation is not only the memory of the victims of the deportation, but also reflects the memory of the heroes during the Nazi deportations.

Taxi and Shuttle transfers to the Martyrs Memorial of the Deportation in Paris
The Memorial of the Martyrs of the Deportation is 19 km from Orly Airport, 33 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88 km from Beauvais Airport.

You may also like...