History and visit the Passerelle des Arts in Paris
Passerelle des Arts is undoubtedly one of the wonders of Paris, whose love attending most especially it is part of a highway for automobiles. The gateway is available day and night throughout the year and is reserved for pedestrians. This is a book that is part of the historical monuments of France for forty years. Spanning the Seine, this bridge connects the banks of the 1st and 6th district level and Conti Malaquais docks and piers François Mitterrand and Louvre. To get there, you can take the subway down to the Pont Neuf or the Louvre-Rivoli. The station Velib ‘French is a little less than 1 km away.
Passerelle des Arts, which is now a gateway bridge, took its name from the fact that one of the platforms attached to, the Quai du Louvre, is close to the Louvre. But the palace was called the Palace of Arts during the First Empire, at the time when the building was constructed and was a small wooden bridge used to connect the Institut de France and the Louvre. It was built between 1801 and 1804. Although a bit shaky, the bridge at the time called "the bridge of nine arches" was one of the first metal bridge in Paris. The idea of building a steel bridge, although iron was considered a true renovation and technical prowess of the time of Napoleon Bonaparte, inspired by the British works. Its construction was entrusted to Louis-Alexandre de Cessart and Jacques Vincent Lacroix Dillon. He was also like a garden with plants and flowers. In 1852, two arches were combined into one, which reduces the number of arches 8. At that time, crossing the bridge was paid. The gateway does not unfortunately endured the shock of two world wars. This observation was made in 1976 by the General Inspectorate, which immediately led to the closure of the bridge a year later. This allowed to avoid drama since collapsed two years later after a barge collided with one of its arches. The bridge was rebuilt in 1981 after the original plans of Louis Arretche, although the number was reduced to seven arches and materials of very different and stronger than those initially used construction. As for its use, it remained available to pedestrians only. The right of way was also removed. Part of the original gateway was still kept at the marina in Nogent-sur-Marne.
Known today as "the bridge of love" or "the bridge padlocks" Passerelle des Arts is one of the first and most famous bridges for small padlocks that lovers hang on after throwing the key into the Seine . The place is idyllic for a walk with friends in the evening or for a picnic there. Closed to motorized vehicles, the bridge is suitable for children as the parapets are covered with grids. Groups of young people will also come in the evening to sing and play music. Sometimes, it organizes art exhibitions, which is hardly surprising that most daily painters and photographers come here to exercise their talents.
Transfer to the Passerelle des Arts in Paris
Passerelle des Arts is located 20.5 kilometers from Orly Airport, 34.8 miles from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 86.4 km from the airport of Beauvais.