Shuttle transfer from Place des Abbesses in Paris to Orly airport
History and visit the Place des Abbesses in Paris
Place des Abbesses is part of the 18th arrondissement of Paris. It is adjacent to the rue des Abbesses at the end of the street and Yvonne Tac street Vieuville. Albert Jouvin Rochefort, a French cartographer indicated the place in his plans in 1672.
Historically, it depended on the municipality of Montmartre. To the right of the Seine, she was named Place de l'Abbaye. It was combined with the city of Paris in 1863 with twenty other places that the city already contained at the time. February 26, 1867, it was renamed Place des Abbesses in relation to the Rue des Abbesses that was surrounding him.
In one street Vieuville formerly found the old town hall of the 18th arrondissement. Claude Philibert Barthelot Rambuteau said Count Rambuteau who was prefect of the Seine in 1833 ushered in the May 3, 1837. In the Chapel of the Martyrs then followed the construction of the town hall. Came after the construction of Jehan-Rictus Square on the same site in honor of the poet Gabriel Montmartre Randon.
Compared to its surroundings, the Place des Abbesses was once close to a property which belonged to the Earl of Montdidier. It lasted between the Rue Lepic and Rue des Martyrs. Confiscated the property was sold by plots in 1793. The square is lined with 19th century buildings belonging to the rue des Abbesses. Claude Carpenter spoke of these developments as a backdrop and joint capital for the site.
Not very large, department stores and shops in the neighborhood abounding gives a particular aspect instead. It is served by the Abbesses Metro Station.
Transfer to the Place des Abbesses in Paris
Place des Abbesses is located 29.3 kilometers from Orly Airport, 27.1 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 83.7 km from the airport of Beauvais.