History and visit the Rue des Abbesses in Paris
The Rue des Abbesses is one of the oldest street in Paris. It is part of the district of Grandes-Careers in the 18th arrondissement. It begins at 89 rue des Martyrs and ends at 34 rue Lepic and rue Tholozé 2. It is 418 m long and 14 m wide.
This ancient road once belonged to the municipality of Montmartre. In 1672, she appeared in the path state in terms of Jouvin Rochefort. She first named rue de la Cure in 1672 and then changed into rue de l’Abbaye. A decree of May 23, 1863 included in the Parisian street. It was appeléerue Abbesses by a decree of 26 February 1867. The origin of the name comes from the abbess of the Abbey of Montmartre, which was built in 1134 by Louis le Gros and his wife Queen Adelaide.
Marguerite de Rochechouart Monpipeau, Bernardine Theresa Gigaul Bellefond, Louise Emilie de la Tour d’Auvergne, Catherine de la Rochefoucauld, Marie-Louise de Laval were the last Abbesses since 1699. The execution of death of Marie-Louise de Laval, who was Duchess of Montmorency was held on July 21, 1794 instead of the reverse barrier is the current Place de la Nation.
A decision signed Billaud-Varennes ordered the evacuation of the abbey in 1792. Two years later, it was sold as national property. The parish church was transformed into a gun shop. It also welcomed the meeting of the electors of the section and served as both a temple for patriotic holidays. The street has specific sites such as the theater des Abbesses at No. 31 and the St John’s Church of Montmartre.
Transfer to the Rue des Abbesses in Paris
The Rue des Abbesses is located 29.4 kilometers from Orly Airport, 27.2 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 83.8 km from the airport of Beauvais.