History and visit the Rue des Barres in Paris
The rue des Barres is a highway in the 4th arrondissement of Paris. It connects the rue François-Miron at the Hotel de Ville. The path that existed from 1250 got its name from an old mill located on a place that denominated the "bars". The rue des Barres is located in the district of Saint-Gervais.
At number 4 rue des Barres is the historic hotel des Barres, erected around 1250. This hotel became the property of the monks of Saint-Maur in 1362. Louis Bourdon lover Isabeau of Bavaria also stayed at this hotel. It served as the capital of the section of the common house in 1792, the Hotel des Barres greeted the young Robespierre, bloodied, 9 Thermidor when the Hotel de Ville was taken.
Before taking its current name, the rue des Barres successively changed name according to its morphology. Originally it was called Moulin des alley-alley bars then des Moulins du Temple and rue du-Saint-Gervais bedside. The length of the rue des Barres is 130 meters and its width has been increased to 10 meters. This street starts at No. 62 rue de l’Hôtel-de-Ville and ends at No. 14 rue François-Miron.
The rue des Barres particularly its reputation based on its beautiful historic buildings. At No. 11, one can see the incredible apse of the church dedicated to Saint Gervais and Saint-Protais. At No. 17 is a 18th century building that was built by Jacques Gabriel. At No. 12, there is a pretty timbered house. From No. 18 to No. 24 extends the square Couperin.
Transfer to the rue des Barres in Paris
The rue des Barres is 18.5 km from Orly Airport, 32.8 miles from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 88.2 km from Paris Beauvais airport.