History and visit the Rue de l’Ave Maria in Paris
Long street the 4th arrondissement of Paris, Rue de l’Ave Maria joined the rue du Fauconnier the rue Saint-Paul. Originally, the street of Ave Maria bore the name "rue des Barres" which refers to the Carmelite religious who settled in their neighborhoods. These religious clothed in a mantle surrounded by white stripes and black stripes hence the name of the people ‘barred’.
The mid-13th century, King Louis IX gave the convent the nuns Beguines. Under Louis XI, the Beguines were replaced by Girls-de-Sainte-Claire. Therefore, the street drew much of its popularity austerity of the nuns who replaced the Carmelite in the convent. Extremely dedicated to the Blessed Virgin, Louis XI ordered the monastery to take the name of the Ave Maria.
The street from the Ave Maria, which took its name around 1867, is located in Saint-Gervais. The street from the Ave Maria itself starts at No. 3 St. Paul Street and ends at No. 4 Street Fauconnier. It has a length of 116 meters and a width of 15 meters. Historically, rue de l’Ave Maria existed since the 16th century.
Not found enough documentation on the history of famous people who have occupied the streets of Ave Maria. By cons, we only know that the tomb of Mathieu Molé was in the convent of the Ave Maria. Currently, the street shines in splendor with its modern buildings and still retains some old buildings such as the Hotel de Sens.
Transfer to the streets of Ave Maria in Paris
The street of the Ave Maria is located 18.1 km from Orly airport, 32.3 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 99.3 km from Paris Beauvais airport.