History and visit the Avenue de Friedland in Paris
The Avenue de Friedland is located in the 8th arrondissement of the French capital. It crosses the Champs-Élysées. It begins at the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré and Washington Street and ends at the Place Charles de Gaulle. It measures 630 meters long and 40 meters wide.
The creation of the Avenue Friedland was made in 1814 with the name boulevard Beaujon. This name was given in honor of financier Nicolas Beaujon. He was the owner of the Folie Beaujon opened in 1814 and is located between the streets of Tilsit and the Place de l’Etoile. It is served by the metro, Charles de Gaulle, Miromesnil and Star. Extension work were made to rue Faubourg Saint-Honore in 1857. The whole street was called by its current name in 1864. This new name was in memory of the victory in the Battle of Friedland. Urbanization has reached the avenue gradually.
The Avenue de Friedland housed the headquarters of the airmail, the same building is currently occupied by the Deutsche Bank. The Spanish corpus Christi church which was built in 1874 still exists on this avenue. Durand-Ruel gallery is located on this avenue. Currently, the gallery is closed, it serves as a document retention Durand-Ruel. Large hotels were on the avenue, but were demolished as Beaujon, the hotel and the hotel Edmond Porgès belonging to Baroness James de Rothschild. Avenue residents had known General and politician Nicolas Changarnier, the architect decorator Louis Sue and opera dancer Marietta Ricotti.
Transfer to the Avenue de Friedland in Paris
The Avenue de Friedland is located at an interval of 19.1 km from Orly Airport to 30.5 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 85.3 km from the airport of Beauvais.