History and visit the Boulevard Malesherbes in Paris
Boulevard Malesherbes is located in the 8th and the 17th arrondissement. It is located in the district of La Madeleine and the area of Europe. It begins at the Place de la Madeleine, and ends at the Boulevard Berthier. It was created in 1808 and inaugurated in 1863 during the reign of Napoleon III.
The opening of the path that lies between the Place de la Madeleine and the barrier Monceau was established following an imperial decree dated 10 September 1808. During construction, the name of Christian Guillaume de Malesherbes Lamoignon was given to the boulevard. He was the director of the library during the reign of Louis XV and Louis XVI.
The implementation of the Boulevard Malesherbes was part of major development work in the city of Paris directed by Baron Haussmann. The actor Ernest Coquelin known as Coquelin Cadet lived Boulevard in 1908. The dentist Hugenschmidt Arthur, son of Napoleon III placed there his cabinet. Marcel Proust’s family lived in a housing Boulevard from 1873 to 1900.
Places are essential in the Boulevard Malesherbes. Normal School of Music of Paris, the literary salon of Juliette Adam, the Lycée Carnot, Rick Van picture gallery, shop Betjeman and Barton are places not to miss out on the boulevard. At number 56 boulevard stands the old hotel Cail. It belonged to Madame Hébert in 1910 and currently serves as mayor of the 8th arrondissement.
Transfer to the Boulevard Malesherbes in Paris
Boulevard Malesherbes is located at a distance of 19.3 km from Orly Airport to 27.9 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 83.3 km from the airport of Beauvais.