History and visit the rue Montmartre in Paris
Street is located in the Montmartre district of Paris IV. It starts where is the church of Saint-Eustache. This church is a collection of various constructions of the time. The tower is built in the south portal was part of an old Gothic building built in 1222. It was built on the site of the chapel of St. Agnes. The church of Saint-Eustache. The church was built from plans by architect David. Construction began in 1532 and ended in 1642. Only the gate on the west side was modified by two other architects Mansart de Jouy in 1754 and Moreau completed the construction of the building in 1788.
The peculiarity of this church is its eclectic architecture. The architects have combined: architectural art of the Middle Ages, ancient art, the art of the Renaissance and modern art. The proportions and the elevation of the nave are the ogival style, the nave one of the highest in Paris. The semicircular applied everywhere with ribs in some places that have a huge length. The heart of the church is one of the most beautiful churches in Paris. The heart of the gallery is decorated with twelve arched windows with stained glass representing the Father of the Church. Is part of the famous stained glass Pinaigrier.
The church of Saint-Eustache and begins at the intersection or street Montorgueil Turbigo and to complete the Boulevard Montmartre and the Boulevard Poissonnière. In 1200 part of the rue Etienne-Marcel and Saint-Eustache already existed. Rue Saint-Eustache in the nineteenth century was called rue de la Porte de Montmartre from the rue d’Aboukir j’jusqu’a Pointe Saint-Eustache. During the Revolution the street bore the name of rue Mont-Marat.
Transfer to the Rue Montmartre in Paris
Rue Montmartre is located 21 km from Orly airport, 31 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 90 km from the airport of Beauvais.