History and visit the Avenue Marceau in Paris
Avenue Marceau is located in the 8th and the 16th arrondissement of the French capital. She travels the neighborhood of Chaillot and the Champs-Élysées. Even numbers of the avenue is in the 8th arrondissement, while odd numbers are in the 16th. It starts at 6, avenue du President Wilson and ends at the Place Charles de Gaulle. Its dimension 910 meters long and 40 meters wide.
Construction of the Avenue Marceau began in 1834 and ended in 1860. She started on the Place de l’Etoile. Previously, she was named in honor of Josephine Avenue Josephine de Beauharnais. The name it bears today was given in 1879 in honor of the French General François Séverin Marceau revolution. At that time, a street Marceau was already in the 12th arrondissement and was baptized Wattignies street.
Avenue Marceau has specific places and monuments. It is home to the Pierre Bergé and Yves Saint Laurent the Permanent Assembly of Chambers of Trades and Crafts. The Church of St. Pierre de Chaillot is located in this street. It has a large number of hotels like the Hotel ML Lefebure, M. Marcuard the hotel, the Hotel de la Comtesse de Breteuil and the hotel of M. Houette. Famous people lived in this avenue as the historian Albert Vanda and actress Marthe Brandes. The architect André Granet has erected a building on the avenue in 1914.
Transfer to rue Vernet in Paris
Avenue Marceau is located at a distance of 29.9 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport, to 26 km from Orly Airport and 85.8 km from the airport of Beauvais.