History and visit the Boulevard des Capucines in Paris
Boulevard des Capucines, created in 1865, first called "Rue Basse du Rampart." It takes its name from the Capuchin convent gardens which ran along the south side until the French Revolution. Included in the second and 9èmearrondissement, it is between the triangle formed by the district of "La Madeleine" to the west of the Opera is bordered on the right by the Place Vendôme. It is part of the Grands Boulevards and is preceded on the west by the "boulevard of the Italians" and is "Boulevard de la Madeleine." Indeed, the boulevard begins rue Louis-le-Grand Rue de la Chaussee d’Antin, with 440 m long and 35.40 m wide, it ends at the rue des Capucines.
Since its inception, the Boulevard des Capucines theater is a great evolution in the various buildings there. It is bordered by some remarkable places. A city, former Vaudeville theater built in 1866, acquired in 1920 by Paramount, which was replaced by a cinema in 1927, now known as "Gaumont Opera." Its length is the Opera Garnier, the Olympia Music Hall and other venues and cinematography.
Currently, apart from its movie theaters, a few hotels and top restaurants that are located on the Boulevard des Capucines is the location of several place the border: the Place de l’Opera, Place Vendôme and Place Opera Garnier. We can say that the Boulevard des Capucines was born to art and entertainment, emerging as the location of theater and opera to make way for large theaters and entertainment.
Transfer to the Boulevard des Capucines in Paris
The Boulevard des Capucines in Paris is 22 km from Orly airport, 31 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 106 km from Beauvais Airport.