History and visit the Rue Thorigny in Paris
Street Thorigny begins instead of ending Thorigny the street Debelleyme. This street serves as a liaison between the street Debelleyme, rue du Roi Dore and St. Anastasius, the rue des Coutures Saint Gervais and the Rue de la Perle. Thorigny Street is located in the 3rd arrondissement of Paris.
The length of the street Thorigny is 192 meters and its width is 10 meters. It was once an old alley and its renovation and transformation dates from 1620. To 23 Frimaire VIII, its width was fixed at least 7 meters by a ministerial decision. This width was later increased to 10 meters under the royal decree dated 16 May 1833.
The street is home to several historic buildings Thorigny remarkable. The Hôtel Salé, located at No. 5 is a good example. Construction by the famous Jean Boullier Bourge back to 1656. This was the Sire Morosini who occupied the hotel in 1671. To 1768, the Hôtel Salé passed into the hands of the bishop of Chalons Bishop Leclerc. Currently, this beautiful hotel is home to the Picasso Museum.
Several famous people in the history of France have rubbed Street Thorigny. Police Lieutenant Thiroux Crosne which abolished the old cemeteries of Paris lived in a group of buildings located at No. 6, No. 8 and No. 10. The famous Marion Delorme occupied a house at 2 and died there. Madame de Sevigne also lived in the street Thorigny from 1669 to 1672.
Transfer to Thorigny street in Paris
Thorigny Street is located 19.0 km from Orly airport, 27.5 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 89.4 km from Paris Beauvais airport.