History and visit the Rue de la Paix in Paris
Rue de la Paix is located in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris. It is connected to the Place de l’Opera and the Place Vendome. It was built next to the large convent des Capucines. These are called religious Daughters of Passion who lived in the convent. They were of great austerity and lived on alms. They do not eat meat, they walked barefoot and wore a crown of thorns on their heads. In the church of the monastery was built was that the tomb of Madame de Pompadour in 1764 she was buried there.
Madame de Pompadour was a butcher’s daughter who worked at the Invalides. She was married very young obligation to his mother who was an intriguing woman. Madame de Pompadour left her husband to return in 1744 to the court of King Louis XV. In 1745 Madame de Pompadour had the title of Marquise de Pompadour, and was in 1756 appointed lady in waiting to the queen.
The magnificent chapels of the Rue de la Paix was attended by personalities such as the widow of King Henry III, Marshal Crequi, the minister Louvois, son Barbezieux and Duchess of Mercoeur. The building of the monastery was converted in 1790. It was converted into a factory to manufacture the assignats. The church in turn was transformed into a magnificent theater. The gardens extended to the Boulevard des Capucines in turn became a popular place or rope-dancers and circus there were presentations. The street was opened by Napoleon first she bore his name until 1814, when it took the name of Rue de la Paix.
Transfer to the rue de la Paix Paris airports
Rue de la Paix is located at 22 km from Orly airport, 32 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 84 km from the airport of Beauvais.