History and visit the Rue de Sevigne in Paris
Rue de Sevigne Paris is a route that is in the 3rd and 4th arrondissement. The rue des Francs-Bourgeois limit these districts. With a length of 386 m, the smallest width of the street is 10m Sévigné. It begins at 2 rue de Rivoli and 100 Rue Saint-Antoine and stops at 3 rue du Parc Royal. It derives its name from Marie-Chantal Rabutin which was the Marquise de Sevigne.
Historically, the street was born from the merger of two old streets were Jack Street Street Culture Sainte-Catherine still called Rue de la Couture Sainte-Catherine. The first was the old name of the section between the rue des Francs-Bourgeois and rue du Parc Royal. The second took its name from an ancient abbey, the order of Val Pupils who appointed house Sainte-Catherine de la Couture. It is in this alley in 1391, the Constable de Clisson was attacked by murderers one evening when he returned to his hotel in the Rue du Chaume. He received three sword. Fell from his horse, his assassins whose sire Craon, fled.
The rue de Sévigné still contains many notable buildings. The hotel Carnavalet which is at No. 23 was the work of the architect Pierre Lescot in 1544. Kernevenoy family he lived here between 1677 and 1696. At No. 29 stood the convent of the Daughters Annonciades blue or heavenly. The mistress of King Henry IV, the Marquise de Verneuil had built in 1621. The institution later became the Hôtel Le Peletier de Saint-Fargeau.
Transfer to the Rue de Sevigne in Paris
Rue de Sevigne is located 24 km from Orly airport, 32 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport and 105 km from Beauvais Airport.