History and visit the Place de l’Europe in Paris
The place of Europe is a place located in Paris’s 8th arrondissement. It stands in the center of the district of Europe. The place of Europe is a culmination or beginning of the street with London street Cork Street, the street of Madrid, Vienna street, the street of St. Petersburg and the Rue de Constantinople.
The place of Europe is on a bridge that enables railways station St Lazare to cross a valley. It is a place of octagonal shape measuring 130 meters in diameter.
The construction of the Place de l’Europe was made following an order dated February 2, 1826. The authorization granted to Philip Jonas Hagerman and Sylvain Mignon build a site on their land provided to the middle a small fenced garden.
A tunnel for the railway was dug in 1832. Of the expansion of the railways led to the destruction of the place of primitive Europe. It was replaced in 1863 by a great viaduct and another more contemporary in 1931.
Projects implementing fountain in the square of Europe have been proposed by architect Antoine Etex. One was the statue of Europe sitting on his throne and the other a statue of Napoleon on a horse first.
The place of Europe is served by metro stations which is the nearest metro of Europe is at the beginning of the rue de Madrid.
Transfer to the place of Europe in Paris
The place of Europe is 22.8 km from Orly airport, 26.2 km from Charles de Gaulle airport and 83.3 km from the airport of Beauvais.