History and visit the America district in Paris
The district America in the 19th arrondissement of the French capital. This is the 75th administrative district of the city of Paris. It tooks name America district because of carrier of grinding stones for the construction of Paris as well as gypsum were extracted from this quarry buildings with same name . An assumption claims that this career was named as part of the extracted products are exported to America for the construction of the White House. This idea is not very realistic.
A section of the quarry has been replaced by the park Buttes-Chaumont during the reign of Napoleon III. Much of the area has been transformed into blocks of houses and towers between 1960 and 1970. The neighborhood is home to many American churches, the St. John the Baptist Church of Belleville, the Church of Mary Mediatrix of all Graces, St. Francis of Assisi Church, St. Claire church Porte de Pantin, the Church of St. Colette des Buttes Chaumont and the Church of Our Lady of the Assumption of the Buttes Chaumont. Place des Festivals is built in 1836 is located in this neighborhood. Georges Brassens college, technical school technical school Diderot and d’Alembert also reside in this neighborhood. The Robert Debré University Hospital is located at Boulevard Sérurier this area. This is the work of architect Pierre Riboulet and inaugurated on 21 March 1988. It has a private channel: the hamlet of Danude. It has the look of the famous Lantern and Archive Paris.
Transfer to the America district in Paris
The striped area is at a distance of 24.8 km from Orly Airport, 25.4 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 97.3 km from the airport of Beauvais.