History and visit the district Combat Paris
The district Combat belongs to the 19th district of the French capital. This is the 76th administrative district of the city of Paris. Its name comes from the place du Combat which was renamed Place du Colonel Fabien since 1945.
Place du Combat where a place where done for animal fights like dogs, bulls, boars. A decree prohibiting animal fighting was proclaimed in 1883. The district Combat housed the most atrocious of the city of Paris that was the gibbet of Montfaucon place. The construction of this building was made before the Wall of the Farmers General. It was built on a high and 50 people could be simultaneously hanged on gallows. He was then transferred to the current street Meaux.
The district of Combat is home to several historic buildings as the mayor of the 19th district built by the architect Gabriel Davidoud from 1876 to 1878. The facade of this building is shaped by sculptures by George Clere. The Church of St. George, the Church of Our Lady of the Assumption of the Buttes Chaumont and the Russian St. Sergius Church are in the area. It also has remarkable places, including the Parc des Buttes Chaumont with its Belvedere Island, home of the guard of the garden. The eye hospital and the headquarters of the French Communist Party in this neighborhood. The hospital was the project of Baron Adolphe de Rothschild and directed by his wife after his death. It was opened in 1905.
Transfer to the Paris Combat district
The area of Combat is an interval of 21.3 km from Orly Airport, 23.6 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 89.2 km from the airport of Beauvais.