- History and visit the Theatre des Champs- Elysees in Paris
- Transfer by shuttle taxi to the Theatre des Champs- Elysees in Paris
History and visit the Theatre des Champs- Elysees in Paris
The Théâtre des Champs- Elysées is located in 15 Avenue Montaigne , near the Plaza Athénée , in the 8th arrondissement of Paris . Built entirely of reinforced concrete, it is one of the most beautiful venues in the capital. It is the brainchild of two architects , including Henry Van de Velde and Auguste Perret and some artists such as Antoine Bourdelle, Maurice Denis and Rene Lalique . Its opening in 1913 was celebrated with a grand concert in which participated Claude Debussy, Vincent d’ Indy, Saint- Saëns and Paul Dukas . It belongs to the Caisse des Depots et Consignations is directed by Michel Frank. It hosts several symphonic concerts, opera performances , ballets , operas and galas that attract nearly three hundred thousand spectators each year.
Bars in the theater are open morning and evening, before and during the performance. In the lobby there is a gift shop , the Harmonia Mundi area offers various items such as books relating to the program of the day , discs , DVD … It is open before and after performances . The Theatre des Champs- Elysees is open every day from Monday to Saturday from 12 am to 19 pm and Sunday 2 hours before the performance. For concerts on Sunday morning , it is open from 10 am 15. A guided tour of the theater is available to classes and individuals, according to a quarterly schedule, but strictly by reservation . This site is served by the line 9 metro station Alma – Marceau and RER station Pont de l’Alma .
The construction of the Theatre des Champs- Elysees was an idea of Gabriel Astruc . In 1910, he commissioned architects Henry Van de Velde and Auguste Perret to raise the building. They conceived the structure of reinforced concrete building . Collaboration with the painter and sculptor Antoine Bourdelle, the painter Maurice Denis and the crystal- René Lalique, Perret and Velde achevèrent the building in 1913. May 29 , 1913, more than a month after the inauguration of the facility, the Theatre des Champs- Elysées welcomed the creation of the Rite of Spring by Igor Stravinsky with choreography by Nijinsky . This performance marked the opening year of the theater because it was a big scandal. In 1954, the creation of the Deserts of Edgard Varèse which was presented there was again a scandal. Three years later , the theater was classified as historical monuments. In 1970 , the building became the property of the Caisse des Dépôts. Closed for renovations in 1985, the theater opened its doors two years later. In 2005, he was again the subject of renovation . The works were spread for years to avoid its complete closure . For the celebration of the hundredth anniversary of the establishment on April 8, 2013, the facade of the theater was unusually enlightened by the beam of the Eiffel Tower.
The Theatre des Champs- Elysees is composed of three theaters , a large Italian room with a capacity of 1905 seats, dedicated to music and opera , and two rooms called the Comédie des Champs- Élysées and the Studio des Champs- Elysées. The theater has been used by several conductors such as Pierre Boulez, Valery Gergiev, Otto Klemperer, etc. . , By leading orchestras such as the Vienna Philharmonic , Cleveland , Berlin, etc. . , By great singers such as Luciano Pavarotti, Elizabeth Schwarzkopf , Cecilia Bartoli …
Transfer by shuttle taxi to the Theatre des Champs- Elysees in Paris
Do you need a transfer by limousine or collective shuttle to the Theatre des Champs-Elysées ? Contact our team who will offer you a vehicle that will meet your expectations. The Théâtre des Champs- Elysées is located 25.1 kilometers from Orly Airport, 30.5 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 87.6 km from the airport of Beauvais.