History and visit the Hotel de Bourgogne in Paris
The Hotel de Bourgogne was in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris on the rue Etienne Marcel. It was the residence of the Dukes of Burgundy in Paris until the 16th century. IT was a prestigious place for theater in the city of Paris between the 16th and 18th century. Tower John the Fearless is the remaining part of the building.
Construction of the Hotel de Bourgogne completed in 1548. It was built in the middle of the city of Paris by the brothers of the Passion. The brothers were passionate stage performances giants of the era. The entrance to the auditorium opened on the street Mauconseil currently rue Etienne Marcel. The representation of religious plays was prohibited by a decision of parliament. The troupe of the Hotel de Bourgogne gave lease the theater to other troops as the brotherhood of fools and children without worry.
The troupe of actors led by the king actor Guillaume Gros is installed in 1629. The troupe presented parts joke but also serious coin. They began playing shows tragedy in 1647 led by actors Floridor and Pierre Corneille. It is in 1658 they have played parts tragedies roots.
Fusion was made between the comedians of the Hotel de Bourgogne and the actors of Molière and Marais in 1680. Italian actors took place in the theater before being expelled by Louis XIV in 1697.
Transfer to the Hotel de Bourgogne in Paris
The Hotel de Bourgogne is located at a distance of 18.2 km Orly airport, 28 km from Charles de Gaulle Airport and 95.9 km from Beauvais Airport.