History and visit the Place du Marché Sainte-Catherine in Paris
Place du Marché Sainte-Catherine is part of the fourth arrondissement of Paris. It is located at the intersection of streets Caron, Ormesson and Jarente going towards the station Saint-Paul one line of the Paris metro. The royal priory of Sainte-Catherine Couture was once established the location of the place. Its current state was guarded by a ministerial decision of 22 July 1823. Made stones, it is adorned with benches and trees. It takes its name from a market that moved there in 1784.
Historically, the market grew out of the decision of King Louis XV in 1767. He wanted that replaces the market stood in the street Sain Anthony. The designs on the market were undertaken by the famous architect Soufflot. Although the priory buildings were destroyed royal between 1773 and 1774, the church still remained in 1777. The destruction of the church and the auction grounds of the priory were ordered shortly after by letters patent. Latter also dictated that the construction of the new church of St. Genevieve has depended on the amount collected on the auction.
As the construction project fails, the king demanded of the architect Brébion a new design for the market October 6, 1781. There were still changes on the new plan. Construction market began on 20 April 1783.
Many avenues were built on the site of the priory as the streets Caron, Ducolombier, Jarente … As for the Place Sainte-Catherine, tall buildings have been built around it. She now serves terrace nearby restaurants as cars do not have the right to move.
Transfer to the Place du Marché Sainte-Catherine in Paris
Place du Marché Sainte-Catherine is located at a distance of 20 km from Orly airport, 28 km from Charles de Gaulle airport and 109 km from the airport of Beauvais.