History and visit the Musée Nissim de Camondo in Paris
The Musée Nissim de Camondo is one of the museums that exhibit decorative arts in Paris. It is located in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, at 63 rue de Monceau. Its seat Hall Camondos which stands on the edge of Parc Monceau. Opened December 21, 1936, he exhibited a collection of French furniture and art objects dating from the eighteenth century.
The Camondos family founded one of the largest banks of the Ottoman Empire in the early nineteenth century. The bank moved to Paris in 1869. Abraham Behor Camondo Nissim de Camondo and then settled in the capital. Under the Third Republic, their son Isaac and Moses were well known in the world of art has been passionate collectors. Moses led the acquisition of a large number of furniture and decorative art of the eighteenth century to the great art of the era such as Joseph Bardac Leopold Double, Mrs. Louis Burat Pierre Decourcelle lovers … In 1890, he became a great customer Seligmann father and son, very famous Parisian antique. He came to make purchases with a unique collection of all old wood that served as their framework.
To enhance its collections, he built a large house classic appearance at the site of an old mansion that belonged to his family. The architect René Sergent was loaded foundations in 1912. Le Petit Trianon, an area of Versailles became the model for René Sergent to build. The hotel was completed in 1914. At that time, he received many receptions. Moise Camondos topped building its collections until his death in 1935. Achille Duchêne, a famous landscape architect sought by many prestigious residences took care of the hotel garden. Moses Camondos bequeathed to the Union Centrale des Arts Décoratifs (UCAD) and the French State, the building and all its collections will. However, he put the condition that it had to bear the name of his son. In 1936, the hotel was converted into a museum and took the name of Nissim de Camondo in tribute to him who was an officer of the squadron MF 33 of the French Air Force.
The presentation of collections and interior design at the beginning kept their original place according to the wishes of Count Camondos. In 1940, the entire contents of the museum and other major public and private collections were moved at the request of national museums. Daughter of Moses Camondos, Beatrice Camondos was the subject of a deportation in 1944 to the Auschwitz-Birkenau camp. Until the end of the war, the museum no longer disposed nothing inside and remained closed. In 1985, a committee was created to Camondos with an international sponsorship. He allowed the rebirth of the museum. Fabrics, furniture, objects, tables, etc.. were restored.
The entrance to the building adopts a simple, traditional style decorated with a photographic portrait of Nissim de Camondo. On the first floor, there are lounges and large ornate office Aubusson tapestries representing the Fables of La Fontaine. The former office Nissim is adorned with paintings depicting hunting and horseback riding while his father is more like a boudoir. It is decorated with wood paneling. The large living room is composed of furniture, tables, dressers … The small office or lounge Huet presents a bust of the summer of Sevres porcelain, a portrait of Necker …
Shuttle from Palace Museum Nissim de Camondo to Paris airports
The Musée Nissim de Camondo is located 25.4 kilometers from Orly Airport, 29.1 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 84.5 km from the airport of Beauvais.