History and visit the Street Ravignan in Paris
Street Ravignan is is one of the oldest ways of Montmartre. It is located in the neighborhoods of Grandes-Carrieres and Clignancourt du18ème district of Paris. It extends over 140 m long and 10-15 m wide. It opens at 26 rue des Abbesses and ends at Place Jean-Baptiste Clément and 51 rue Gabrielle. It is served by the Abbesses Metro Station.
This road already existed in the sixteenth century. It was originally called Sacalie way. Carriages borrowed it to connect Paris village of Montmartre. It was paved in 1646, enlarged and rebuilt in 1675 paving. She took the name of Old Road, then changed into rue du Vieux-Chemin de Paris during the Revolution. By a decree of 27 February 1867, she was named in honor of St. Eavignan French Jesuit Gustave François-Xavier de La Croix de Ravignan which launched with charisma to preach in some countries such as Paris, Rome, Belgium …
Before 1907, the street Ravignan was limited till Norvins street. After this date, it spread to the Place Jean-Baptiste Clément integration and absorbed the Feuchères small street In 1867, the latter connected it the Rue Lepic and rue Ravignan their peaks.
Many famous people lived in this street. Around 1906, the writer Max Jacob remained at No. 7. He converted to Catholicism after the image of Christ appeared on the wall of his home September 22, 1909. Count Guadella had his house at No. 8. The painter and engraver Edmond Marie Poullain and poet Pierre Reverdy lived at No. 13 …
Transfer to Rue Ravignan in Paris
Street Eavignan is located 29.5 kilometers from Orly Airport, 25.7 km from Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 84.1 km from the airport of Beauvais.